Passion is an award-winning independent production company with a 35-year heritage in making animated shorts, commercials, documentary series and features. Founded in London, Passion is a truly international company with studios in Paris, Barcelona, and producers in the USA. With world renowned animation talent, an Oscar Winning Feature Documentary team, experiential expertise, and a design driven sister-studio, Passion is uniquely positioned to create ground-breaking work for any medium.
The scale and scope of the business has grown greatly in the past 24 months and the Group needs to improve its financial control and enhance its internal and external reporting. A restructuring of the central Finance team is already under way and as part of this, we now wish to recruit an experienced Group Accountant.
The ideal candidate will be a Fully Qualified Accountant and ideally have worked within a fast-moving environment. They will have a solid accounting background and be used to working in a hands-on team. This is great opportunity to join an exciting company that is constantly evolving.
- Preparation and review of the consolidated accounts and pack for monthly Board reporting.
- Preparation of financial reports for other stakeholders including primary lenders.
- Developing and documenting internal processes, accounting policies and reporting packs to improve standardisation across group entities and working with divisional finance teams in the UK and abroad to ensure timely reporting and compliance with group reporting standards.
- Reviewing contracts to ensure that the accounting and consolidation treatment of SPV’s is in line with group policies.
- Managing the external audit process alongside the CFO.
- Ownership of statutory accounts and tax filings in the UK and overseas subsidiaries.
- Supporting the CFO to maintain a robust financial control framework and taking ownership of accounting and financial policies.
- In house expert on IFRS and in particular, revenue recognition.
- Ensuring the correct recharges of group costs are made each month and that cash settlement occurs on a timely basis.
- Managing filing of ONS statements.
- Assisting with ad hoc projects such as introduction of a new expenses system and new accounting system.
- Contributing to the financial and accounting strategy of the group as part of the senior team in the department.
The successful candidate must have significant and demonstrable experience of:
- Consolidation accounting (including with multiple currencies)
- Management reporting
- Statutory accounts preparation, including audit experience.
- A recognised accountancy qualification
- Detailed knowledge of IFRS
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
The successful candidate must have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with staff on the Board and at all other levels in the organisation.
- Good organisational skills and ability to create and maintain effective controls and processes.
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Work in a calm and effective manner as part of a small team that includes less experienced members
- Form part of the senior team in Finance and contribute to the overall development of the Finance function.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your CV and answer the following questions:
- Are you a qualified Chartered Accountant?
- Do you have experience with consolidations?
- How many months’ notice period are you currently on?
- What are your salary expectations for this role?
- Do you have the right to work in the UK?